Friday, May 30, 2008

One of My Students...

...has a farm, so we get olive oil and fresh camel milk every week.

...is a tailor, so we get our pants hemmed for free.

...brought me the latest Jackie Chan movie (he's a young Mongolian).

...loves to cook, so I get cooking lessons for free - including Arab meat pie (see picture) and kebabs.

...collects stickers, so I also have a growing collection (she's a primary student!).

...out of respect brings me little treats, like packaged muffins or crackers.

...brought me a Mars bar from Germany (she had to point out it wasn't the locally produced kind when I didn't recognize the import of the gift as I should have).

...brought me a strawberry cream cake (an 8 year old!).

...is making a business trip to Germany, and is promising to bring me back good chocolate.

...owns a car dealership (...maybe for the future!)