Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Peanut Butter Fingers...SOS

Some of you know that I really love peanut butter. And, we both enjoy the natural kind - just ground peanuts (and salt). Needless to say, that isn't available here, but peanuts are, soooo.......I've tried to make it myself. However, my efforts haven't been too successful, and Jared won't partake of the results.

Namely, I can't get it very smooth. It's not like the kind we use to buy. I have added extra oil, but really, how much do you have to add?? When is the peanut suppose to release it's own oils?! First I tried roasting and grinding my own, but gave up on the roasting in an effort to succeed. I also switched from a (not so great processor) to the blender. I even tried almonds.

If you have the know-how, please do email! Our pancakes just aren't the same...