Sunday, July 26, 2009

Crash II (and not the computer this time)

Fitting that I've been blogging mostly about driving because yesterday it happened...our first crash. I dropped off some friends at home and then I got in a wreck. I immediately called Jared who came to my rescue, along with one of my students whom Jared called. I was well taken care of. I'm fine physically - the real set back is to my work on gender role and identity here. Being the one to face the police questions and reporting wasn't a pleasant experience emotionally. The good thing is that my road rage is going; now I just feel defeated!

Besides that, our car is going into the shop under the careful work of a mechanic who is one of my students.

I'll work through my issues and give you the fuller story later! It was an interesting culture learning experience, to say the least.