Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hot in the Halls

We're living with the AC on and enjoying our recently purchased rotating fans. We also bought linen outfits which are a marked improvement over my old nylon and polyester blends which are like little sweatboxes for legs.

Though we're still not at the peak of heat, I am already recalling one small logicistal problem at school: we don't have central air - only individual units in each classroom (which is enough to be thankful for, I know). However, it does mean that anytime I leave my own little biosphere, I get hot quickly. So trips to the photocopier or worse yet to the toilet, are adventures in sweat minimalization.

It's still not unbearably hot, but I don't know the temperature since our thermometer fried last summer. BBC says we're in the mid-nineties; it feels hotter than that, even so there's a long way to go through July and August.