Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dreams & Giggles

We're with another couple who live below us in North Africa and we went through much of the evacuation activities together. We're with them at their family's house. It's nice to be in a home and talk through our experience together. We went through the difficult few days of increasing turmoil, but evacuated separately. So it has brought some closure to see them here in the flesh with their two-month-old baby.

We are also finding a bit more emotional space - not watching the news every second, and we even enjoyed watching YouTube bloopers (it's been turned off for years where we live). But with the extra emotional space I've noticed that the experiences of the past weeks has started to show in my dreams. I find myself trapped in various situations and unable to get out. They aren't nightmares and I don't wake up in cold sweats, but I awake a little worn out and stressed. Maybe more bloopers will help.