Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hotel Sanctuary

This post is dedicated to my caring cousin who got us a reservation at a Hilton Hotel in London. She made reservations even before we knew we would get out of the country.

It was just what we needed: 24 hours news in English and in-room internet have been so important to us as a way to assist our friends still trying to get out and to be in contact with families staying. And, the gym was crucial for me - endorphins can never be over-estimated; exercise is my primary way to unwind. Plus, their steam-room and sauna were very relaxing.

We requested a late check-out today and will begin to stay with various friends. We're primarily seeing friends who were with us, and it is cathartic.

I know you are anxious to hear how things have unfolded in the last week. I am gearing up to share the story with you. I feel like I'm getting close to being ready, but it takes a while to get to that point emotionally!